Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital
Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital, in South Weymouth, MA, provides residents south of Boston with the highest level of cancer care in the region.
Experts from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital and South Shore Hospital collaborate to offer locally many of the advanced treatments offered at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center in Boston, including clinical trials exploring new therapies.
We can also provide a smooth transition to Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center in Boston if needed.
Our advanced clinical care includes:
- Diagnostic imaging services. Imaging services including CT, MRI and PET/CT, are offered through South Shore Hospital and Harbor Medical Associates.
- Medical oncology. Dana-Farberís medical oncology suite provides chemotherapy and other infusion treatments. Here, patients will also have access to many clinical trials exploring new therapies.
- Radiation therapy. Radiation oncology services are provided by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Radiation therapies offered at the Center include RapidArcTM volumetric modulated radiotherapy (one of only a few in the nation), brachytherapy, image-guided radiation therapy, and intensity-modulated radiation therapy.
- Breast health services. The Breast Care Center, with care provided by physicians from Brighams and Women's Hospital and South Shore Hospital, offers advanced diagnosis and treatment for women with benign and malignant breast conditions.
- Surgical oncology. Physicians from Brigham and Women's Hospital and South Shore Hospital provide breast, gynecologic, gastrointestinal, urologic, plastic, otolaryngology, and thoracic surgery expertise.
- Second opinion clinics. DF/BWCC specialists in hematology, breast, gastrointestinal, and neurologic cancers visit our South Weymouth location regularly to meet with patients, review diagnoses, and discuss treatment plans.
- Survivorship. Experts work with cancer survivors to develop a personalized care plan to help them and their healthcare providers address their unique medical and psychosocial needs, identify needed screening tests, and manage potential long-term or late effects of treatment.
We also offer an array of supportive programs to patients and families, including:
- Nutrition guidance: Balanced nutrition is an important part of cancer treatment and survivorship. Our registered dietician works with patients to design a healthful diet that can help rebuild the bodyís cells, improve energy level, and manage the side effects of treatment.
- Integrative therapies, such as massage therapy and acupuncture, which can be an effective part of cancer treatment
- A range of support and education programs to help patients and families address the challenges of cancer treatment. Click here for the latest programs.
- A resource library with books, brochures, and internet access to help patients and families learn more about their illness and treatment
- A boutique, specializing in the unique needs of people with cancer
- Healing gardens, offering a special space for quiet reflection
Patient care is provided by a multidisciplinary team of oncology specialists. Click on the names below for complete physician profiles and contact information.
Rolf Freter, MD, PhD
Medical Director, Medical Oncology
Tatiana I. Lingos, MD,
Network Director, Radiation Oncology
Peter F. Orio, III, DO
Medical Director, Radiation Oncology
Thomas E. Clancy, MD
Medical Director, Multispecialty Surgical Oncology
Suniti N. Nimbkar, MD, FACS
Medical Director, Breast Care Center
Katherina Zabicki Calvillo, MD, FACS
Associate Director, Breast Care Center
Our team welcomes the opportunity to partner with community physicians whose patients require cancer care. We work collaboratively with referring physicians to develop treatment plans and communicate information about patient status in a detailed and timely manner.
To refer a patient to our South Shore location, call (781) 624-5000.
Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital is located at:
Sites of care
101 Columbian Street
South Weymouth, MA 02190
51 Performance Drive
Weymouth, MA 02189
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call
To: 101 Columbian Street
From the south: Route 3 North to Exit 16. Then, follow the directions below.
From the north: Route 3 South to Exit 16B. Then, follow the directions below.
Travel south on Route 18 (Main St.). At third traffic light, turn left on Columbian Street. Cancer Center is immediately on left. Parking is available in the adjacent parking garage.
To: 51 Performance Drive
From 101 Columbian Street: Take the first right and head north on Main Street (Route 18). Travel .8 miles and turn right onto Middle Street. Travel .5 miles and turn right onto Libbey Industrial Parkway, then turn left onto Performance Drive. At 51 Performance Drive, you will see the Weymouth Woods Medical Center building, straight ahead. Park in the lot, walk into Entry One, and enter the glass door that says Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Radiation Oncology.
To download printed directions, click here