Locations for Care
Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center at Milford Regional Medical Center
Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center at Milford Regional Medical Center offers the most innovative and advanced cancer care available in a community setting.
The Center is a collaboration between New England's top cancer center, one of the nation's best academic medical centers, and a leading community hospital. Patients have the full benefit of advances in cancer care and research from Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center (DF/BWCC), while enjoying the comfort and convenience of staying in their local community during their treatment.
Our advanced, patient-centered clinical care is offered under one roof and includes:
- Diagnostic imaging: Imaging services such as CT, PET/CT, MRI, digital mammography, and X-ray help detect cancer and track the effects of treatment. Imaging services are offered through Milford Regional Medical Center.
- Medical oncology: Dana-Farber's medical oncology suite provides chemotherapy and other infusion treatments. Here, patients also have access to many clinical trials exploring new therapies.
Radiation oncology: Radiation therapies offered at the Center include image-guided radiation therapy, intensity-modulated radiation therapy, and cone beam computed topography. Radiation oncology services are provided by Brigham and Women's Physician Organization. The Center offers seamless access to radiation oncologists at DF/BWCC in Boston, who can provide disease-specific expertise for complicated cases.
Radiation oncology at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center at Milford Regional Medical Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Surgical services: Surgical services for thoracic (such as lung), gastrointestinal (such as colon), and breast cancer are offered at the Center.
- Second opinion clinics: DF/BWCC sub-specialists in breast, gastrointestinal, and genitourinary (such as prostate) cancers visit Milford regularly to meet with patients, review diagnoses, and discuss treatment plans.
- Genetic counseling: The genetics program offers screening and counseling for women at high risk for breast cancer.
- Survivorship: Experts work with cancer survivors to develop a personalized care plan to help them and their healthcare providers address their unique medical and psychosocial needs, identify needed screening tests, and manage potential long-term or late effects of treatment.
Reflecting our commitment to treating the “whole patient,” the Center offers a range of support services to patients and families, including:
- Nutrition guidance: Balanced nutrition is an important part of cancer treatment and survivorship. Our registered dietitian works with patients to design a healthful diet that can help rebuild the body's cells, improve energy level, and manage the side effects of treatment.
- Spiritual support: A chaplain is available to offer spiritual counseling and comfort to patients and families.
- Social support: Our oncology social worker can help patients and families cope with the emotional aspects of cancer treatment as well as practical issues.
- Support groups: The Center offers a range of support and education programs to help patients and families address the challenges of cancer treatment. Click here for the latest program schedule or call (508) 488-3700 for more information.
- Resource library: The resource room offers books, brochures, and internet access to help patients and families learn more about their illness and treatment.
Patients are cared for by a multidisciplinary team of oncology specialists. Click on the names below for complete physician profiles and contact information.
Michael Constantine, MD, Medical Director
Breast cancer: Beth Overmoyer, MD
Genitourinary cancer: Mary-Ellen Taplin, MD
Tatiana Lingos, MD, Network Director, Radiation Oncology
Peter F. Orio, III, DO , Medical Director
In addition, Richard Swanson, MD, a surgeon specializing in gastrointestinal cancers at DF/BWCC in Boston conducts surgical consults at the Milford Center.
Our team welcomes the opportunity to partner with community physicians whose patients require cancer care. We work collaboratively with referring physicians to develop treatment plans and communicate information about patient status in a detailed and timely manner.
To refer a patient to our Milford location, call (508) 488-3700 for medical or surgical oncology and (508) 488-3800 for radiation oncology.
Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center at Milford Regional Medical Center is located at:
20 Prospect Street
Milford, MA 01757
The Center is located next to the main campus of the Milford Regional Medical Center at the intersection of routes 140 and 16. Click here for directions.
To contact us by phone:
For Appointments: (877) 332-4294
Department phone numbers
Medical Oncology: (508) 488-3700
Surgical Oncology: (508) 488-3700
Radiation Oncology: (508) 488-3800